Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:06:24 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hard Links [ Was Not using Symbolic links correctly? ]

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:36:09PM -0700, Totally Jayyness wrote:
> Found this... don't think I can do what I want with ln
> "Hard links may not normally refer to directories and may not span file
> systems."

You cannot hard-link directories.
Long ago and far away root could but it could cause havoc I
seem to recall, the problem being the entries for "." and or
".." I think. If it was not so early in the morning
I would work it out on a piece of paper.. :)

Anyway what on earth are your trying to do ?
The point of chroot is just that, you change the
root of the file system from the point of view of
the program within it, now you want to sneak things
in from the outside under the cover of dark.
Sounds highly like "not a good thing" to me.

--
Regards
Cliff