Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:29:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cannot compile stable

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Michael L. Squires wrote:

> There were a lot of reports of problems with v4.5 to 4.6 upgrades
failing
> when mergemaster wasn't run.  There were users and groups added to
support
> sshd and sendmail changes.

This has nothing to do with groups, passwd or make.conf. As I have written
former, simply invoking "make" in src/usr.bin/getconf generates this
error.

> If you've run mergemaster and buildworld is still failing, then I would
> rm -rf /usr/src and the cvsup log directories and cvsup again.
Sometimes
> you will catch the files when an important piece is checked out, and
> just redoing cvsup fixes it.

I cvsuped all sources again, same result:

[root@eddie getconf]# make
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' confstr.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >confstr.names
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' limits.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >limits.names
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' sysconf.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >sysconf.names
cat confstr.names limits.names sysconf.names >conflicting.names
sort -u conflicting.names >unique.names
Name conflicts found!
*** Error code 1

Tomas Pluskal