Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:56:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

> Good for you... but what have I done wrong - this is the question I'm begging
> to know. I started with a fresh install of 2.2.1 from CD, created a cvsup
> download of src-all, and did make world. There was NO /usr/obj directory

You didn't install /usr/src from 2.2.1, right?  That would be stupid
since you're just going to cvsup over it, after all. :-)

> Well, whatever the case, when I cvsup down the tree "over top" of the 2.2.1
> Release, I get a bad tree. This also happened before when I was

Yes, you'll almost always get a bad tree when you do that.  Don't do
that.  Things move, you know, and when they do this practice will
bite you really hard, right on the ass.

					Jordan