Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:43:24 -0700
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ara@avvali.com
Subject:   Re: AMD 64 and 4.10. will they work?

On Monday 06 September 2004 08:27 pm, Ara Avvali wrote:
> I have checked on site and what I can see that 5 is the one which actually
> supports athlon 64 processors. But what I am wondering if there is anyway
> to run it under 4.10 since we are looking for stable series.

5 is almost -STABLE (it is no longer the development branch, as of a couple
weeks ago). The 5.3 release, which will be the first 5 on the -STABLE branch,
is due out at the beginning of October. If you want to play around with
something before that, they're currently releasing betas of 5 and you can use
one of those. I've been using the 5 branch for quite some time, and have
found it quite stable (if not yet officially -STABLE). I did have a problem
with 5.3-BETA3, but that will be fixed in BETA4.

I don't believe 4.x supports AMD64.

-David

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please