Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:52:45 +0200 (SAST)
From:      David Tucker <davet@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@uunet.co.za
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Crystal Sound Card not recognised

I have a Crystal Semiconductor 4281 that is not being recognised when my
machine boots.

This is what I get from dmesg

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1013, dev=0x6005) at 9.0 irq 5

I now the card works as I can use it with the Opensound drivers. I have
the following lines in my kernel.

device          pcm
device          csa

This is the output of uname -a

FreeBSD one.fw.uunet.co.za 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #1: Mon Nov 20
14:26:28 SAST 2000     davet@one.fw.uunet.co.za:/usr/src/sys/compile/ONE
i386

I have spent quite a bit of time fiddling trying to get the card to work
and would appreciate any suggestions as to how to get my box to see the
card.

David Tucker                            Grace finds beauty in everything.
UUNET SA                                                           -Bono
Network Operations