Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:56:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Hough <rch@iserve.net>
To:        ryanm@accn.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resetting a Portmaster

At 02:24 PM 1/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know how I can reset a portmaster 2E?? Our admin left w/o
>relaying the password to the ppl underneath him and cannot be reached. If
>anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks for any info.

If you mean, you need to reset it in order to get the password, you'll need
to call the livingston support number. You'll have to connect through the
console port, and loging as !root, with override as the password. You'll
get code that'll have to be read out to the tech support operator, and
they'll then give you an override password. Here's a URL for more
information...

http://www.livingston.com/tech/technotes/300/300001.html

|  |__     ||  -__|   _|  |  |  -__| | Robert Hough (rch@iserve.net) |