Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 18:38:32 +0800
From:      adrian@freebsd.org
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Programmers Documentation Project Request for HELP

"Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven" writes:
>[ Sorry for the crosspost, but I think this is as well hackers material
>  as advocacy. I subscribe to both lists so please, if the content
>  becomes overly technical, restrict it to hackers, else advocacy in
>  order not to mess the lists up to much after this initial post. Thanks ]

.. and just to add right now, I'm compiling a list of sysctl descriptions
so we can actually have descriptions of what sysctl variables do (rather
than the helpful 'read the source' the man page has). The current list is
from my 3.1-REL box, I'll update the list when I get a -current box online
and I've fgrepped the sources totally.

Its located at http://www.freebsd.org/~adrian/sysctl.descriptions

If people can please send me diff -u's against what is there, I'll update
the list, and start sending in diffs to -current tonight or tomorrow.

Adrian