Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:23:03 +0100
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        martes.wigglesworth@earthlink.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: EHCI Kernel Panic w/ 5.2.1-RELEASE Kernel

On Monday 01 November 2004 16:09, Martes Wigglesworth wrote:
> My kernel panic seems to come from the usb port actually having a device
> in the port, at boot.  When I do not have a device in the port, bootup
> continues, however, my usb ports are not usable.  This is my dmesg
> output.
>
> > dmesg|grep usb
>
> usb0: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-A> on uhci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
> usb1: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-B> on uhci1
> usb1: USB revision 1.0
> usb2: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-C> on uhci2
> usb2: USB revision 1.0
Over a week ago I discovered a bug in the UHCI driver that causes problems
when devices are plugged in during boot. I filed a PR with a patch that has
been taken into the UHCI driver in -CURRENT :

Can you try the patch that's at the end of the PR on your system? (It should
patch without a problem on 5.2.1-RELEASE).
I'm not sure if it fixes your problem since your problem seems to be
EHCI-related, but you never know.

Good luck,
Daan