Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 15:24:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@fox.uni-trier.de>
To:        tjackson@tulsix.utulsa.edu (Tom Jackson)
Cc:        xaa@stack.nl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src-cur.2896.gz

Hello,

> > Hi hi, does anyone have a src-cur.2896 lying around somewhere?? It
> > wasn't
> > on the mailinglist, and is not on ftp.freebsd.org :-(
>
> Strange as this may seem, go to
> ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/FreeBSD/CTM/src-cur
> and you will find the missing delta there. Go figure, Germany has it
> but
> California doesn't.

because of exactly such problems CTM-meister Richard has provided me
with a direct email link from his CTM production site to our ftp site,
i.e. we are bypassing freebsd.org. As I have had no troubles with lost
CTM deltas over the last days this smells like mail problems somewhere
in or around the freebsd.org domain.

Richard and I are planning to establish more ftp CTM mirror sites with
such a direct email link, so if any ftp-admin of a CTM mirror site wants
to have a direct email feed, then write to me (Richard has appointed me
the official contact person for helping to set up such mirrors (call me
"CTM-submeister" now! ;-) and we'll see what we can do about it. An
official "call for volunteers" is soon to follow.

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany