Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:20:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        Alejandro Galindo <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Speed in ttys and gettytab  files

The modem must be convinced to communicate with FreeBSD at the
desired speed.  Gettytab only influences FreeBSD.  If the serial
interface is different from what the modem sends, there will be
garbage.  Talk to the modem about this.  Use kermit and the device
name cuaa0 (not tty0 or sio0 or whatever; it's the same device,
seen from a different perspective).  Set speed to 115200 (for instance),
AT, and wait for OK.  If you get OK, then enter AT&F, possibly other S0=1
etc., then AT&W.  Now the modem should understand that it talks at
115200 by default.

Sorry to be so anthropomorphic, but you see, there's these little guys
running around in there....
        Chuck Bacon -- crtb@capecod.net
                ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY