Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 1995 04:15:00 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> I just installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 from CD to my second hard drive (wd1)
> and told the install program to install the boot manager but I don't
> get a prompt when booting. How do I get the prompt to select Windows
> 95 (drive 0) or FreeBSD (drive 1)?

Generally, the system tries to boot from drive 0. If you want the boot
manager to come up, you will have to install said manager in the boot
blocks of the drive from which you are booting.

There are three choices:
1) Tell the BIOS that it must use drive 1 to start the boot.
1) Physically reverse drives 0 and 1 so that FreeBSD is on drive 0.
2) Install the boot manager on the windows drive.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net