Date:      Tue, 20 May 2008 10:16:02 -0700
From:      "Tobias Hoellrich" <thoellri@adobe.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Server crashing, no explanations

Same here: my aging Dell with ECC Rambus (yes, Rambus) memory was
rebooting without producing a panic and thus without a chance for a
crash-dump, because one memory bank on the system was failing.=20

However, the BIOS on the system was nice enough to tell me about the
memory errors and even tell me which module it thought it was.=20

That may be something you should check on your system (meaning: BIOS
error log - if you happen to have one of those).=20

Cheers - Tobias