Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:04:40 -0600
From:      "Ken Wills" <KenWills@Sprynet.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   silo overflows on sio0

I have a "bog standard 33.6" internal modem configured on cuaa1. Randomly,
when connected to the
internet, I get messages like:

warning: silo overflow on sio0 (total 32)
last message repeated 3 times

which doesn't seem to affect anything, but is really annoying. I've checked
the FAQ/Handbook and
can't find anything. A search in Altavista turned up a doc on old 16550
uarts and buffer overruns.

My machine is a p5 200 - it has 16550A uarts (I think.....it's at home and I
don't have dmesg output) Running 2.2.5 FreeBSD.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this go away and/or is this possibly a
problem?

regards,

Ken