Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 02:55:52 +0000
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for Vibra16X -- test please!

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 09:36:26PM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> ok, the last Vibra16X patches i sent out contained a couple of
> minor errors, plus now i have added the Vibra16X PnP ID so you should
> have nothing tricky to do. Can you people try this one instead...

OK. Did so - made no source changes at all, and got the same results
as with the first version, ie:

An apparently working soundcard. Yippee!

compiler warnings about ess_write and ess_read.

Lots of "WARNING: rdintr but read DMA inactive!" messages when cat'ing .au
files to /dev/audio.

If this is to go in to -stable, may I suggest:

Adding these definitions (for cosmetic reasons if nothing else):

static int ess_write(int io_base, u_char reg, int val);
static int ess_read(int io_base, u_char reg);

Making the console warnings go away.

--
Adrian Wontroba, Stade Computers Limited.       phone:  (+44) 121 681 6677
Mail info@accu.org for information about the Association of C and C++ Users