Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:22:07 +0000
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This is stupid

Brad Knowles wrote:

>         I certainly agree with this statement, and I believe that Jordan
> would whole-heartedly agree with you.
>
>         In fact, this is why Jordan has paid contractors to develop a
> whole new installer, and while those people didn't do everything they
> were paid to do, they did create some tools that Jordan can use when
> he gets back around to rewriting the installer himself.

Has anyone ever seen these tools? I assume they're open source if
they're going in to FreeBSD, if so it would be nice to see them.

I wrote the original sysinstall and came up with the whole single
process install concept (the current sysinstall is entirely Jordan's,
there's not a single line of my code left) so the installer is something
I have an interest in and if there's actualy code somewhere it'd be nice
to be able to take a look at it and maybe help push things along a bit.

Paul.