Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:34:56 -0500
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Alpha firmware

Is this the wrong list to ask this on?

I've got an Digital EB64, a.k.a. Alpha PC64 (and a.k.a. Cabriolet). It's
all set up and and waiting for an OS to install; but -------

A week ago when the Alpha 3.0-RELEASE was still on the ftp server and
said it needed NetBSD boot disks, I pulled over and read the NetBSD
install, which said it needed the SRM firmware. I'm presuming that the
FreeBSD install also needs the SRM firmware.

For whatever reason the SRM firmware is not in the flash ROM on this
board. Nor do I have the disk with the SRM firmware. (I bought the
board, new in the box, but the box had been opened. The outfit I bought
it from okay, as far as it goes, but for various reasons isn't
particularly helpful about coming up with the firmware diskettes for the
board.) I'm also looking for the firmware through other channels, but
don't know when, if ever, they might bear fruit.

Does anyone that's doing the Alpha port have firmware diskettes for this
board that they'd be willing to dd off the contents and make them
available somewhere for ftp?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kaleb S. KEITHLEY