Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible bug in 3.4

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Wes Peters wrote:

:The 1510 is a notoriously weak little piece of compu-trash.  Put the
:internal tape drive on your 2940 and be happy.

While I can appreciate your disdain for the card in question, I'd still
like to know if anyone has any ideas on why FreeBSD won't boot when I plug
the tape drive in.  It's an Archive Python 25588-xxx according to NT and
98, in case anyone cares.

After I upgrade in the near future, I should have enough PCI slots to dump
the 1510 and plug in the Symbios Logic card I have.  The goal is to get
the hard drives on one bus, and the misc. peripherals on another.

Jamie Bowden

--

"Of course, that's sort of like asking how other than Marketing,
Microsoft is different from any other software company..."