Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:00:17 -0500
From:      Natty Rebel <dervish@ikhala.tcimet.net>
To:        Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: structures

Quoting Josh (josh2@marvin.albury.net.au):
> Hi.
Hey there ... #;^)

>=20
> I am looking for a structure definition (ifreq) which I think
> is ....., well I have no idea where it is really. I would love
> a way to find "system" structure definitions like time_t for example.
> The structure I am looking for is used in trafshow but I dont think=20
> its defined within that program.=20
> I have used gtags for the functions, is there=1Bsomething similar
> for structures ?
> As you can tell I floundering a bit and would love to know how
> the people on this list manage it.
> Any pointers appreciated.
grep is your friend. try the following commands:

	grep -n  time_t /usr/include/*|more
	grep -n ifreq  /usr/include/sys/*|more

This is what I usually do to find definitions.  Also there is a site

	http://lxr.linux.no/freebsd/source

you'll find a cross referencing tool that they used on freebsd sources ...

>=20
> I am looking at hacking trafshow2 to get byte counting on the
> ethernet by IP (MAC would be fine) address, if anyone has
> suggestions regarding this please comment.
>=20
> Josh
>=20
> E-Mail: Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>