Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:16:17 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: Repeatable panic in current, cause Netscape

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 07:42:50PM +0200, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl> wrote:

> > The latest -current system crashes while starting up Netscape, mine
> > version is 4.61, Linux one. It's fully repeatable in my case. I got
> > crash dump and here's my dmesg and gdb trace:
>
> Make sure that the linux module is as uptodate as the kernel is. As a
> rule of thumb: rebuild the modules you use when you rebuild the kernel.
>
> If that doesn't help in this case, continue debugging :-)

Thankyou for tip, discovered that my modules are from Sept 17 and I know
I've compiled the kernel several times in between 17 to date. Quick look
at /usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:. gives me the 26'th. I must have done
cvsup for src-all by accident.
Sorry for false alert, my Netscape works now as usual.

Thanks
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee