Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 14:28:25 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Robert Bowen <rbowen@slt.sel.sony.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New and interesting Hotmail/FreeBSD gossip

>We got a new sysadmin where I work part time. He just came from a job at
>Hotmail, and he told me today that they are in the process of converting
>all of their FreeBSD machines (over 15,000) to Win2000. A purely
>political move by Microsoft to stamp out this thorn in their side. Does
>anyone know more about the story?

   I thought it was 'only' about 5000 machines. Anyway, yes, it's true that
they are trying to convert again to Win/NT. The previous attempts failed;
perhaps they'll have more success this time.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.