Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:50:08 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        javier prats <javpra@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Packaging issue

On Thursday 08 November 2007, javier prats said:
> Good day everyone,
>
> I'm having an odd problem getting a port to package properly.  When
> running `port test` on the program it goes through the installation
> process as expected ending with "registering installation".  When
> `port` attempts to  create a package i recieve many lines of
> errors.  Below is a snippet of the errors.  The port is
> successfully installed though, and i can even run it from the
> /usr/ports/sysutils/metamorphose/work/ directory.  I thought maybe
> `port` was not seeing it in the "work" directory so I added
> ${WRKSRC}/metamorphose_1.1.0/ to all the files in pkg-plist and
> still had no luck.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Can `port` be
> told to install the program elsewhere and can it be told where to
> look for something to package?
>
> tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/py2exe_setup.py: Cannot stat: No such file
> or directory tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/readme_en.html: Cannot stat:
> No such file or directory tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/readme_es.html:
> Cannot stat: No such file or directory tar:
> metamorphose_1.1.0/readme_fr.html: Cannot stat: No such file or
> directory tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/readme_pl.html: Cannot stat: No
> such file or directory tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/roman.py: Cannot
> stat: No such file or directory tar:
> metamorphose_1.1.0/smallHelp.py: Cannot stat: No such file or
> directory tar: ${PREFIX}/metamorphose_1.1.0/translations.html:
> Cannot stat: No such file or directory pkg_create: make_dist: tar
> command failed with code 256
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/metamorphose.
> ===> Error running make package
> ===> Files currently installed in PREFIX
> ===> Cleaning up
>

> Javier Prats

Don't prefix the plist with ${WRKSRC}. What that is telling you is
those files are listed in the pkg-plist but are not installed in the
path listed. If you're using port test add -i -C flags and do a ^c
after install. You then need to check in the tmp directory of that
port and see if those files are found in the path listed in the
pkg-plist. If those files are not installed, you either need to fix
your install or remove them from the plist.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html