Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:43:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGESTION] - JFS for FreeBSD [VOTE]

Hi,

as i said also before, my intentions were never to
cause havoc on the mailing list. :-)

In simple terms, what i am saying is, the people who
would like to port the JFS file system, should put a
+1 in their next message and -1 if they dont like to
port JFS.

Then, i will count the votes, and if +1 outweighs -1,
then i will try to gether developers who can help me
in this task, and try to finish it by Sept. 2002.

BUT, if -1 outweighs +1, then i will cancel the
project
and live it for my spare time, and will not go around
asking everyone about it...

OR, another way of doing this would be to, just try
and get this JFS porting done by people who would like
to do it (including me), and then put it on the
FreeBSD site.

AND, then we will see which company/corporate would
like to use the GPL version of a FreeBSD FileSystem.

Suppose, if there are very less, we abandon the
project
and forget about it.

In that way, there would be no hassle. Only people who
would like to port this File System should put a +1
in their next reply or -1 if they do not agree with
porting JFS.

Thanks.
=Hiten
=<hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>