Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 18:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25597: Cyrus 2.0.x now "production quality"

The following reply was made to PR ports/25597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To: <ckd@ckdhr.com>, <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:30:41 -0600

 From: <ckd@ckdhr.com>
 > Current Cyrus port is 1.6.24, which is the "end of the line" for v1.
 >
 > Cyrus 2.0.11 was declared "production quality" by the authors on
 > 2001-01-31, and 2.0.12 (released 2001-02-19) was announced on
 > info-cyrus as "mostly an accumulation of the small patches that have
 > been posted to this list".  I propose renaming the existing port to
 > cyrus1 and having version 2 be the "cyrus" port.

 The current  mail/cyrus port should be repo copied to mail/cyrus-imapd.
 As that is a more descript name for the port and follows the naming that
 the other *BSD projects use in their ports trees.

 mail/cyrus    1.6.24
 mail/cyrus-imapd    2.x

 Scot