Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:54:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        chrisl@bbs.justcompute.com (Chris Lavin)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium Pro 200

> Does freeBsd take FULL advantage of the Pentium Pro Proccessor?..Should I
> go that route or what?..I am currently running a couple of 133 Mhz Pentium
> systems and I don't knwo whether I should Bump them up!!!! Any Advice
> would be greatly appreciated..

	Certain efforts are being made to include PPro specific
	optimization into gcc . I'm not sure how stable it is
	now , but in any case buying PPro vs Pentium system has
	a lots a sense - even with "regular" binaries perfomance
	is much higher.

	Pentiums will be obsolete pretty soon IMO.

	Be sure to avoid buying PPro system with PCI chipset bug -
	browse arhives at comp.sys.intel or FreeBSD newsgroups and/or
	mailing lists to get more details.

Rashid.