Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:21:39 -0500
From:      Vladik <pvlad@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please test for 8G-OVER-Booting with /boot/loader

Hello,
I am not sure if this exactly on topic,
but this is how I boot freeBSD partition that is installed
beyond cyl 1024

I use GRUB boot loader that understands LBA (www.gnu.org/grub)

Once GRUB boots from a floppy, go to GRUB's command prompt and
do the following:

root (hd0,3,a)   # or whatever your FreeBSD root slice is
#after the command above, it mounted the partition

kernel /kernel -remount
boot

When kernel boots to the point where it needs to mount a root
partion it will ask you,
in there you type
ufs:/dev/ad0s4a

----