Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:29:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cannot compile stable

> You can override a definition in a argument list. The only comparison
> would be with modules that call find_sysconf. You do that all of the
> time with things like (int)a.

What do you mean by overriding a definition in argument list ?
I still can't believe, that it can work for anyone. Look at the Makefile
in usr.bin/getconf, and commands it invokes (below). It just can't work :)

> Look in the stable archives for gperf. I have to go someplace but I
> have a visual recall of seeing problems and a fix for gperf. It will
> be 3 or 4 hours before I get back.

I believe the problem is not in gperf, it is not being run anyway:

[root@eddie getconf]# make
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' confstr.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >confstr.names
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' limits.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >limits.names
awk '/^[_A-Z]/ { print; }' sysconf.gperf | sed -e 's/,$//' >sysconf.names
cat confstr.names limits.names sysconf.names >conflicting.names
sort -u conflicting.names >unique.names
Name conflicts found!
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/freebsd/src/usr.bin/getconf

Tomas Pluskal