Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:15:22 +0100
From:      Ralph Kube <ralph_kube@gmx.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs performance

Hi list,
recently I discovered problems with my FreeBSD nfs server.
I mount my /home/user from my linux box via automounter/nfs from my server.
They are connected with a switch on a 100baseTX Ethernet. Now, whenever
I copy large files from a local driver to my home dir or do anything
else that involves moving some bigger amounts of data to my home dir
the nfs server times out and doesnt respond anymore.
Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated,
Ralph Kube