Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:36:28 -0400
From:      livefreebsd@mac.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   cPCI Hot Plug problem

I am trying to use a dual ethernet car that plugs into a cCPI slot. cPCI is a hot pluggable technology. The system is a Nokia IP330 firewall.

FreeBSD sees the two interfaces. I can assign IP addresses and bring the interfaces up. BUT, I cannot get a link light. It seems that even though the interfaces are configurable, they remain powered down for hot plugging.

How do I get this to be activated? Ideally, when all interfaces are down:

ifconfig dc0 down
ifconfig dc1 down

then, the car should power down for hot plugging.
If any of the interfaces is up, then the card should be powered up.

Thoughts...