Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 12:53:56 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD core team questions

j mckitrick wrote:
> I have a question or two about the current core election.  A few of the
> remarks made by the candidates, such as 'the project is broken' sound a
> bit disconcerting.  I am sure there are and always will be problems with
> getting a large number of volunteers to work in a coherent, civil
> manner, while keeping the technology and stability of the OS at proper
> priority.  However, maybe I have missed a lot of news, but is the
> project in *that* bad of shape that we can say or even imply that it is
> 'broken'?

This is probably not an appropriate forum for this discussion.

-committers is a closed list which is not officially archived;
while I may personally think that this is a bad thing, since it
means that public history is lost, there is a reason that such
discussions are taking place on that list, and not on generally
archived lists.

I rather expect that the people who say such things on the
-committers list would not do so in a more public forum; simple
ettiquite dictates that you not reflect their remarks there.

-- Terry