Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:40:12 -0500
From:      "Saul Rosenberg" <webmaster@radefx.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problems with and Adaptec AHA-1540CF Card

I am attempting to set up a HP C1533A 4mm Dat drive for 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD.
According to the web site both the HP C1533 Dat drive and the Adaptec
AHA-154x series work well with FreeBSD.  I am able to get to the bios
through <CTRL-A> and see the tape drive (which I have configured for the PC
through the dip switches) while in BIOS setup mode, however when I attempt
to boot FreeBSD it probes and successfully finds the card then probes for
SCSI devices returning the error '(probe6:aha0:0:6:0)CCB 0xc442b508 -timed
out' it repeats... without finishing the boot.

Does anyone know how to fix this...

Thanks for the help!

Saul Rosenberg
CyberSpace Engineer/Technical Lead