Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:36:08 -0500
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        uzgrishin@mail.ru
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, miwi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [www/sams] why did commiter bump PORTREVISION ? Now it's broken.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 09:48:30PM +0400, Yuriy Grishin wrote:
> Hello
> I'm the maintainer of the port www/sams.
>
> In early of December 2008 the developer released new version of SAMS --
> 1.0.4
> I tried to take most of users comments and sent pr
>
> Few days afterwards miwi wrote that he couldn't extract my diff (may be
> because I had sent it using windows+seamonkey?)
> I upload files to my homepage and submitted follow-up.
> A few days later I saw that the port has been updated, BUT:
> 1) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=129816 the pr is open (is
> it normal?)

The PR is still open because it has not been resolved yet.  Your patch
is still outstanding.

> 2) commiter bumped PORTREVISION and it leads to port corruption because
>
> -------------------Makefile-------------------
> DISTNAME=       ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
> -------------------Makefile-------------------
> thus it searches sams-1.0.3 instead of sams-1.0.4 ==> hash check will fail

According to the CVS logs PORTREVISION was bumped because of the
OpenLDAP update.  This is normal.

The distfile information never changed with this commit.  I was just now
able to fetch and verify the checksums for the distfile so I don't see
any problem.  When the patch in ports/129816 is applied there won't be a
problem with checksum either as the distinfo will be updated to reflect
the new distfile.

> Questions :
>
> 1.Should have I say in the pr that it was not only has been updated by
> me but also by the developer?

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

> 2.What should I do now?

Nothing.  I'm sure Martin will get to this PR when he has time and will
contact you if there are any problems with the update.

-- WXS