Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:18:42 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Neal E Westfall <nwestfal@directvinternet.com> writes:
> But isn't the jerk just a part of the dance?

Yes. Part of the dance is to dance with the jerk, not bump into him
and then cry "cretin!".

>> It -is- bullying to suppress the expression of unpopular ideas.
> But then you state (below):
>> I would have no problem with this as long as we get some OPEN media,
>> somewhere...without the voice of every damn social apologist crying
>> "censor the morons".
> A rather ironic (read: self-contradictory) sentiment, don't you think?

More like a realistic one. People can't seem to handle unpopular
ideas. Ideally, you want all fora open to them, but I'll take what I
can get. ;)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Possession of a system of knowledge, or an interest in it,
or in discovering one, shouldn't be assumed to confer any
license or capacity to operate it. Individual criticisms of
a system, incapacity to operate it, or dissatisfaction with
it should not be confused with any shortcoming of the system
itself.