Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:20:50 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape multitasking less smoothly?

> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:05:27 +0000
> From: j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:44:55PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> | O.K. I installed Galeon and it has a very nice user interface. Best I
> | have ever used. But it has some big problems:
>
> Lucky you.  I'm still having problems getting it to build.  Maybe the
> ports tree needs updated.

galeon-1.0 built fine on my STABLE system.

I do use portupgrade(8) to make sure all dependencies are upgraded.
Unless you have recent gtk and other gnome stuff, you will likely have
problems. Of course, it also must have the latest mozilla, as well.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)