Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 12:22:29 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        weasel@temp.harborcom.net (Bradley Reynolds)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Data Recovery

Bradley Reynolds stands accused of saying:

> I was wondering if someone out there could help me with a
> data recovery problem.  It seems that the disklabel on one
> of our scsi drives magically disappeared.

Do you know the details of the disklabel, ie. which partitions were where?
If so, you can recreate the label fairly painlessly.

> Does anyone know any data recovery shops that are experienced
> with freeBSD (if possible, with this issue)?

If all that's gone is the label, there are not a few FreeBSD hackers who
would be able to recreate it fairly easily; what sort of geographic range
could you ship the drive within?  How vital is the data on the disk?
Do you have a Recent Backup?