Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:10:02 GMT
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/122048: 6.3-RELEASE kernel crashes on high-volume &  high-speed scp

The following reply was made to PR i386/122048; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To: "M. E." <unexpectedvalue@yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: i386/122048: 6.3-RELEASE kernel crashes on high-volume &
     high-speed scp
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:01:27 +0100 (CET)

 On Mon, March 24, 2008 2:33 pm, M. E. wrote:

 Hello, thanks for the initial information. It doesn't tell anything so
 far, but lets proceed:

 Can you try to obtain kernel crashdumps from the machines? see
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
 for more information on how to do that. We need the backtraces to see what
 crashes and why.

 Also please verify whether you have "dumpdev" and "dumpdir" configured in
 /etc/rc.conf so that the dump can be made in the first place.

 IF the dump results in unreadable information (for us) we might need to
 ask you to recompile the kernel with "-g" support so that we can load the
 symbols from which we should be able to see what's going on

 Thanks,
 remko

 --
 /"\   Best regards,                      | remko@FreeBSD.org