Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:25:15 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
Cc:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrus SASL

Jaime Kikpole wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> > Anyone have luck compiling the latest Cyrus SASL on FreeBSD-3.3+ ?
> >
> > Is someone working on an official port.   Sendmail 8.10.x supports it.
>
>         Is this a varient of the Cyrus IMAP server?  Last I checked, the
> Cyrus IMAP4/POP3 server was still in the ports.
>
>                                         Jaime

	I read through their site at one point, I believe the SASL library is
what Cyrus developed to deal with authentication.  The newer versions of
Cyrus, ie : 1.6.x + require the SASL lib.  The version of Cyrus in the
ports is 1.5.x and doesn't require the SASL lib.

	I'd asked a couple of times about updating the port to 1.6.x, realizing
that it would probably be a real pain, but 1.6.x has features that would
be beneficial ( like mail filtering, with another add on program ).  So
far someone said they were going to look at it, but nothing ever came of
that.

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu
Water Programs - CSU Sacramento