Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:29:31 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.x -> 4.x kernel config converter

Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a quick hackish perl script to hopefully automatically
> convert 3.4 kernel configurations to 4.0 configurations.

	I don't want to cast cold water on your plans here, but we try to
encourage users to start with a GENERIC kernel, and work their way from
there. The problem with converting is that there will likely be
something missing from their old kernel file that should be in the new
one.

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.