Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:28:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   diffs for atapi cd-rw support

The diffs (slightly hand edited) for ATAPI CD-RW support on -stable are
available at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/cdr980928.diffs

I have compiled them on a 2.2.6 system although am diffing sources
against -stable cvsupped today. Apart from "patch" complaining
for malformed diffs (I have hand-edited them) the only problem
you _might_ have is in the ioctl "cmd" argument (acdioctl).

Affected files are

        sys/i386/isa/atapi.c \
        sys/i386/isa/wcd.c \
        sys/i386/isa/atapi-cd.c \
        sys/i386/isa/atapi-cd.h \
        sys/sys/cdio.h \
        sys/sys/wormio.h \
        usr.sbin/wormcontrol/wormcontrol.c \
        usr.sbin/wormcontrol/wormcontrol.8 \

To try these you have to add

	device acd0

in your kernel config. The wormcontrol program will then let you write disks
etc. (read the manpage, it has additional, more compact, commands).

The above code also includes the hack to mount different data
tracks from a CDROM.

Remember, if you try these to actually write disks, I suggest to use
CD-RW media. I don't take responsibility for the production of
frisbees.

I have tested this code with an HP7200 internal IDE cd writer,
on both a P90/24MB ram and P133/32MB ram, writing at double speed.

	luigi