Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2016 08:56:51 +0100
From:      Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error compiling stable/11 from stable/10

On Aug 26 22:49, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>On 8/26/2016 6:38 AM, Matt Smith wrote:
>> Hi, I'm attempting to compile the latest stable/11 from a 12 day old
>> stable/10 system and I'm getting the following error. I've tried
>> completely deleting /usr/obj. I've tried without make -j. And I've tried
>> commenting out options from src.conf and make.conf and nothing seems to
>> make any difference. Any ideas? I haven't tried it yet but I'm wondering
>> if I should do RC2 before stable/11.
>>
>> In file included from
>> /usr/src/lib/liblzma/../../contrib/xz/src/liblzma/lz/lz_encoder.c:
>> 23:
>> /usr/src/lib/liblzma/../../contrib/xz/src/liblzma/common/memcmplen.h:19:11:
>> fatal error:
>>
>>      'immintrin.h' file not found
>>      #       include <immintrin.h>
>>               ^
>>               1 error generated.
>>               *** Error code 1
>>
>>               Stop.
>>               bmake[4]: stopped in /usr/src/lib/liblzma
>>

>Can you provide a full log of buildworld somewhere for me to look at?
>
>What's in your make.conf and src.conf?

Hi, I have a feeling this might have been ccache at fault. Since sending
this email I had also tried commenting out ccache from make.conf and
running another compile attempt. This attempt is *still* going?! I
started it 14 hours ago now and it has only reached here:

===> gnu/usr.bin/groff/src/preproc/tbl (all)

What on earth is so different between 10 and 11 to cause build times
that much longer? Without ccache and running without -j this box would
have built 10 in around 5 hours. Is that the result of not having
WITHOUT_DEBUG_FILES as I think that was something new for 11 wasn't it?

I have not been running this build within script(1) though I am afraid
so I don't have a copy of the whole build.  I might stop the build and
reenable all of the options again, but this time with a completely empty
ccache.

FYI though, my src.conf and make.conf are below. You can see what I have
now commented out that was enabled before. I don't think it's the
src.conf entries that caused the problem as I tried it with those
commented out before and it still failed. I think it could probably be
the ccache lines.

$ cat /etc/src.conf
#WITHOUT_DEBUG_FILES=yes
#WITHOUT_LIB32=yes
#WITHOUT_PROFILE=yes

$ cat /etc/make.conf
KERNCONF=TAO
BATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES=yes
SVN_UPDATE=yes
SVN=/usr/local/bin/svn
WRKDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=gcc=6 perl5=5.24 pgsql=9.5 php=7.0 python=2.7
python2=2.7 python3=3.5 ssl=libressl-devel
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
OPENSSL_PORT=security/libressl-devel
OPTIONS_UNSET+=X11

#WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes

#.if (!empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/src*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/obj*))
#.if !defined(NOCCACHE) && exists(/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc)
#CC:=${CC:C,^cc,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc,1}
#CXX:=${CXX:C,^c\+\+,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/c++,1}
#.endif
#.endif

--
Matt