Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:14:57 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        David Nicholas Kayal <davek@saturn5.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount problems.

# davek@saturn5.com / 2002-12-23 11:40:36 -0800:
> For the past two freebsd installations I've done, I've run into a problem
> where they system, upon booting, throws me into a manual root filesystem
> specification prompt where I need to manually type the file system and the
> device I wish to boot off of.
>
> Yet when I check things such as /etc/fstab everything seems to be set up
> correctly.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

    1) http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    2) doesn't it have something to do with shuffling the disks after
    the install?

    I can't decipher whether a) you know how to get from there and just
    wonder about the cause, or b) you are actually looking for
    support.

    If a), I don't know. If b), the procedure has been described on the
    list just a few hours ago:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=104060845629617

    If it's something completely unrelated, then sorry for wasting your
    time. :)