Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:24:39 -0000
From:      "Dominic Marks" <dom@helenmarks.co.uk>
To:        "Mark Gebert" <geeb@thugsrus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FBSD 5.3 w/ Silicon Image SATA

Hi Mark,

You should be able to boot from one of the discs in the
array, thats what I did when the RAID 1 on one of my
servers dissappeared after an upgrade (not fun). Try
booting from ad4, thats what I did to get things back
on for the time being, no RAID at the moment I'm afraid.
I'm now using it as a ordinary two channel controller
while some scripts mirror the data until I get round to
replacing the card.

Just out of interest can anyone tell me why it was
decided that support for this card should be removed/
broken without warning (no UPDATING heads-up ?) it was
working perfectly for me :-(

I can only assume it was some very nasty data loss
potential?

--
Dominic