Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 14:39:41 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        moose@opera.com
Subject:   Re: graphics/gwenview build fails

Mark Ovens wrote:
> moose@opera.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 14:07:03 +0200, Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to install the graphics/gwenview port using ``portupgrade -R''
>>> but it fails. My ports tree is up to date and the dependecies build OK.
>>>
>>> Can anyone shed any light on why?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mark
>>
>> I have submitted a PR for this with a patch. It's also archived here:
>>
>> http://lofotenmoose.info/archive/p/patch-libexif-libexif.pc.in
>>
>> you can put it in the /usr/ports/graphics/libexif/files/ directory,
>> deinstall and rebuild libexif, and then gwenview should build normally.
>>

> Thanks :-)

I've built it, but when I connect to my camera (Canon Powershot A70) it
doesn't display thumbnails, just the file names *vertically*:

   _
   1
   1
   5
   4
   .
   JP

As it's reading from the camera it outputs the following messages:

gwenview: KameraKlient KIPI Plugin loaded
KIPI (loading): KIPI::PluginLoader: Loaded plugin KameraKlient
KIPI (loading): Loaded RawConverter
KIPI (loading): KIPI::PluginLoader: Loaded plugin RawConverter
gwenview: GPFileItemContainer: Adding folder /DCIM
gwenview: GPFileItemContainer: Adding folder /MISC
gwenview: GPFileItemContainer: Adding folder /DCIM/111CANON
gwenview: GPFileItemContainer: Adding folder /DCIM/112CANON
gwenview: GPFileItemContainer: Adding folder /DCIM/CANONMSC
QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()
QPainter::setBrush: Will be reset by begin()
QPainter::setBrush: Will be reset by begin()
QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()
QPainter::end: Missing begin() or begin() failed

Any idea what's wrong?

Regards,

Mark