Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:52:25 -0700
From:      "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
To:        "FreeBSD STABLE" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw not running custom rulesets

Hello All,

I have cvsuped to -stable on Jul 7, after the system seemed ok, I have built
a custom kernel with IPFIREWALL and IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT options in
it.

Now, on 4.2-R it was ok, but on 4.3-S somewhy ipfw refuses to run my custom
ruleset on boot up.

voyager# cat /etc/rc.conf | grep firewall
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type="/etc/ipfw.rules"
firewall_quiet="YES"

voyager# cat /etc/ipfw.rules
/sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add 2 prob 0.5 deny icmp from any to any in icmptypes 8
/sbin/ipfw add 150 deny tcp from any to any 111,587,3306
/sbin/ipfw add 151 deny udp from any to any 111,587,3306

So i have to load these rules manually.
Any ideas?

Another thing is, where also on -release it was ok, and in -stable cron
behaves strangely, when it runs some job from /etc/crontab, the process
cron: running job (cron) just stucks in 'ps aux'.

Thanks.

-=-=-=-
Regards,

Alex M aka TZapper