Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:41:49 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Cc:        mike@sentex.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

> I suspect that there IS some other problem, and it is/was with cvsup.
> I don't know why or how or if I contributed to it:-)

It's not a problem with cvsup.  It's a fundamental flaw in the model
of trying to "upgrade" a source tree by continually:

	a) Changing modified bits.
	b) Adding new ones.
	c) Not deleting the old ones.

It's (c) which is the killer since you will eventually confuse the
bezeesus out of the build system with old bits.  Do you have the
"delete" option turned on in your supfile?

					Jordan