Date:      23 Nov 1999 04:17:30 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on one slice

slava revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to set up FreeBSD on one slice so that
> I won't have separate slices for /, /usr and /var?
> I need this for an workstation.

Of course it is possible.  FreeBSD does not mind at all if you prefer to
have a single label in your only FreeBSD slice, or if you have a lot of
labels in various slices for that matter.

If it is easier for you to go through the installation that way, then
you're welcome to do so.  However, do read the reasons behind the
recommended splitting of your slice in labels, from your closest
available handbook.  They do have some pretty good reasons for
recommending this organization of your disks :)

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]