Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 07:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current), committers
Subject:   HEADS UP, IMPORTANT!!

So, I took yet another sweep at getting world to build again, *SIGH*

Can I kindly demand that people TEST their patches before committing
to the tree, please!

It is mandatory to secure that things still compile after a change,
the least is a recompile of the given program if the change is
located only to a specific part of the tree, and if the change
is to multiple targets, a complete make world has to survive
before committing the changes.

If we cannot get this into shape, so -current at least compiles,
then we will have to start putting more restrictions on what
goes into the tree, and who has access to the crown jewels.

I hope this gets the message across, it would be sad if we
had to start restricting the tree, just because of laziness...