Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:07:30 -0400
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        "FBSDQ" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   unable to ftp using a proxy

Hello,

     This is kinda a repeat message but I had forgotton to
"evolve" the subject line...

I am accessing ftp.freebsd.org for a 3.0 Release install
through a Windows 98 proxy server (running wingate). I am
able to get through but when I get there I get the message
that I can't cd to the 3.0-Release distribution on this
server..but I fire up an ftp session on the proxy machine
and verified it was there...  Somehow I don't think I'm
entering the site properly or something like that..

My proxy simply forwards the ftp install request to
209.155.82.18 (ftp.freebsd.org)

Any suggestions?

Michael G.