Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 01:07:47 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Coredump in ppp(8)

> Hi,
> I've tried to connect my palm to 4.1.1-STABLE (built couple of days before)
> and it dumped core.
> I've already connected my palm to other 4.1-STABLE system back in mid-august.
> The only options I'd were:
> palm:
>  set device /dev/cuaa1
>  set speed 57600
>  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.3
>  accept dns
>  enable proxy
>
> then I write term in ppp and click on connect in palm.
> I can't remember what was the setup on the laptop I used back in august,
> but I think that it was the same or, really similar.
> I can get more information from ppp(8) if you need, I built it with -g today.
> I wonder what the bundle.66 is, it's missing debugging symbols.
>
> --Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
> [ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]

Can ``set log +physical +hdlc +phase +debug'' and send the resulting
log ?  That stack trace doesn't look too sane, but if ppp is
mishandling the incoming data, I may be able to figure out what it's
doing wrong if you can send me a log of what it's received....

Also, it'd be worth doing

  disable vj pred1 deflate protocomp acfcomp
  deny vj pred1 deflate protocomp acfcomp

to see if that makes any difference.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>