Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:27:43 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dumb UPS support under FreeBSD?

Hi all,

We build and design such modules, for all "dumb ups's, they are based on an
AVR micrcontroller, and interpret the signals to and from the UPS, and when
a power down command is issued (by toggling DTR CTS) we delay by a user
amount (sent to the module through the serial port). We custom build these
units, and hope to have a range on the market soon. But for a one off, if
you tell me the model of your UPS I can give you a quote, (most modules are
priced around us$35 +shipping) communication to the module is by any
terminal program of your choice.

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731