Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 07:06:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!hiwaay.net!dkelly, ponds!xmission.com!softweyr
Cc:        ponds!freebsd.org!questions
Subject:   Re: BSD Anniversary

We Peters (softweyr@xmission.com) writes:

> David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net recent blathered:
> > Found an Apple II Plus at an auction recently. Two disk drives, joystick,
> > and a bunch of original software. Got it for $8. We need a FreeBSD version
> > of LodeRunner....
>
> We had an Apple ][ inside the "VAX Cave" in the CS lab at Weber State.
> The only boot disk we had for it was LodeRunner.  One night I'd played
> from level 8 up to 14, been stting at that damned thing for about 6
> hours, and on my way home approached a major intersection (Harrison &
> Washington /US89 for you Ogden-ites) and saw a car approaching from the
> right.  I thought to myself "no problem, I'll just burn a hole, he'll
> fall into it, and I can go right no through the light.  When I relaized
> what had happened, I locked up the brakes and stopped about 3 feet into
> the intersection.  I stopped playing LodeRunner for a while after
> that.
>
> Retire that Apple ][ back to coffe-table status and find a copy of
> Xrunner.  It's not quite as good as the Apple version, but still
> entertaining.  I think it's in the packages for 2.1.5.

 Well - maybe not.

 I've been very successful porting Peter Koch's Apple ][ emulator
to FreeBSD.

 On a Pentium 90 or greater; it runs very well.   LodeRunner should
work fine there.

 You can find more information about Apple ][ emulators in the
comp.emulators.apple2 newsgroup. Also, to grab a bunch of emulators
and related software see ftp.asimov.net.

	- Dave Rivers -